Ever since its foundation in 1985, SOC has been prioritizing environmental protection throughout the entire spectrum of its corporate activities, in terms of not only reusing and recycling resources but also reducing the consumption of resources, including energy.
In January 2000, SOC made the following statement in consideration of both the local and global environment. This statement serves as the guiding principle of our activities.
SOC’s environmental vision:
- We will not pollute the air.
- We will not poison the water.
- We will not contaminate the soil.
- We will reuse all resources whenever possible.
- We will leave behind a clean planet for our children.
SOC’s environmental policy:
- We consider environmental protection and the minimum use of resources from the first stage of our new-product development.
- We minimize waste through all our business operations and make the utmost effort to recycle materials and products.
- We ensure that our internal rules abide by all relevant laws and regulations.
- Every SOC staff member is committed to discovering new and better solutions through daily study.
SOC’s Akita Factory has received the following awards:
- Tohoku Bureau of International Trade and Industry Director-General’s Award for factories with outstanding green space creation in September 1995;
International Trade and Industry Minister’s Award for factories with outstanding green space creation in October 1998; and
Prime Minister’s Award for meritorious service to afforestation in July 2003.